This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Disable notification of opened website from app

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dasdrewqr
Registered Member
Hi,

I have just upgraded to plasma
Code: Select all
and when I open a website from an application, e.g. Telegram (that is also in the system tray), I get multiple notification messages saying "[URL] contacted. Waiting for response..." etc...
I would like to disable them, but just them because others, e.g. messages from received emails, are useful to me.

How can I do that?
Thanks
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
Plasma provides fine-grained control over notifications in System Settings -> Notifications.
The problem with a notification like that is figuring out what the source is. I suspect it may be Plasma Workspace, as a "Notification".

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
dasdrewqr
Registered Member
airdrik wrote:Plasma provides fine-grained control over notifications in System Settings -> Notifications.
The problem with a notification like that is figuring out what the source is. I suspect it may be Plasma Workspace, as a "Notification".

Thanks for the info.
I tried that but I still get that notification.
kbroulik
KDE Developer
OS
System Settings → Applications → Default Applications → Webbrowser → Change it from "In an application based on the contents of the address" to whatever your browser application is.
Then it shouldn't try to "examine" the link prior to opening it.
dasdrewqr
Registered Member
kbroulik wrote:System Settings → Applications → Default Applications → Webbrowser → Change it from "In an application based on the contents of the address" to whatever your browser application is.
Then it shouldn't try to "examine" the link prior to opening it.

Great thanks it worked great!
Have a good day!