This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Menu won't launch after focus stealing customization

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ris6885
Registered Member
I am running KDE Plasma on an up-to-date Fedora 29 system. I went into the settings where focus stealing prevention was set to low. I set it to extreme. Now when I click on the menu button to launch an application, nothing happens. I tried refreshing the desktop, when that didn't work I rebooted. I think I liked it better when it was set to low, but I can't launch the system-settings app to get there. Fortunately Plasma remembers to bring up terminals so I can launch applications from the command line-if I know what they are called. Typing system-settings or systemsettings doesn't work. Is there something I can launch from the command line to get back into the system settings? Or is there another way to fix this? :'(
Rog131
Registered Member
ris6885 wrote:I am running KDE Plasma on an up-to-date Fedora 29 system. I went into the settings where focus stealing prevention was set to low. I set it to extreme. Now when I click on the menu button to launch an application, nothing happens. I tried refreshing the desktop, when that didn't work I rebooted. I think I liked it better when it was set to low, but I can't launch the system-settings app to get there. Fortunately Plasma remembers to bring up terminals so I can launch applications from the command line-if I know what they are called. Typing system-settings or systemsettings doesn't work. Is there something I can launch from the command line to get back into the system settings? Or is there another way to fix this? :'(

With the plasma 5:

Code: Select all
$ systemsettings5 --help
Usage: systemsettings5 [options]
Central configuration center by KDE.

Options:
  -h, --help                 Displays this help.
  -v, --version              Displays version information.
  --author                   Show author information.
  --license                  Show license information.
  --desktopfile <file name>  The base file name of the desktop entry for this
                             application.
kde-cfeck
Registered Member