This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Fedora 29 KDE, removing "Konsole" from desktop context menu

Tags: fedora, desktop, context, menu, konsole fedora, desktop, context, menu, konsole fedora, desktop, context, menu, konsole
(comma "," separated)
sonem
Registered Member
So in Fedora, for some weird reason, KDE has "Konsole" in it's desktop context menu. And I don't really use Konsole, in fact, it's not even installed on my system. I prefer Tilix or st, so for me this button literally does nothing. And I would very much like to have a terminal that I use in this menu. But it seems that I can't find a way to add/remove from this menu. Can you guys help me? I am just unable to find the right .desktop file? Or is it still impossible, even 3 years later?

Googling doesn't really help, the only useful post was from 2016 telling that it was hardcoded at the time. The post was promising that in future this should be available to edit. Now is the future, I guess. But I still can't find a config file that would contain it.
TechnoJunky
Registered Member
OS
I need to start out saying that although I love and pretty much only have used KDE (experimented with E), I am not by any means a KDE expert.

I believe each distro modifies KDE to their liking. I haven't used Fedora in a few years, I currently have Kubuntu (current login) and Neon. When I look at that exact screen, I do not have Konsole in my list. So it may be the Fedora folks that you should be made at. That screen has on/off buttons. If you don't want to see Konsole, uncheck it, and it will magically disappear from the list. Unfortunately I don't know where the config file is for this list.

F37 KDE Spin