This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to Get Bluetooth and Sound to Work?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ronthomas
Registered Member
Hey folks... not sure if this is the right topic to post too... but I see no hardware topic.

I just purchased a WonderBoom speaker which is blue tooth and tried connecting my laptop to it and it connected successfully... so it said.
But no sound came from the WonderBoom.

Here is what it says:

WONDERBOOM
Audio Device

Address: C0:28:8D:CC:C1:8D
Paired: Yes
Trusted: Yes
trucker-ron-HP-ENVY-x360-Convertible-15m-bp1xx (hci0)

But like I say... the sound still comes from my laptop and Not from the WOnderBoom speaker.

Laptop is: HP ENVY X360 i5"- i5 8250U and 12GB mem and 480GB SSD

I went into sound settings and it says it is connected to WonderBoom. Nothing else there.
But I did see that the sound settings was blank later when I checked it.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
The hardware settings are in the system settings, I moved the thread.

How about some information about your distribution and plasma version?

You should check the System Settings -> Hardware -> Multimedia. Depending on your plasma version, there is the option to change the sound output in either Audio Volume (in current plasma versions), or in Audio and Video (in older versions).

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
ronthomas
Registered Member
That is the exact window that I originally went to, Only a different way in

KDE NEON 5.15.4 User Edition

I still can't get it to work.

8-(
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Did you change the output and test it? You might have to change the sound profile and tweak a bit around. I have bluetooth headphones (Soundcore Liberty Lite+) that work very well.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
ronthomas
Registered Member
Finally got it to work... but since the latest updates, now it cuts in and out a lot.
Was smooth prior to the last updates.
samanthatorres
Registered Member
A simple trick on the settings sound ouput really did well on my bluetooth speaker doss traveler but sometimes it needs take a couple of seconds to make it work I think it's because it's still reading the connection between my bt and laptop but that's fine as long it works, many thanks!