This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Changes do not affect Firefox

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
edilov
Registered Member

Changes do not affect Firefox

Fri May 03, 2019 5:05 pm
I want to change how the title bar look and also the font with which Firefox is rendering the pages, but any change i made in fonts or windows decoration in system settings doesn't seem to affect Firefox. Why is that?
airdrik
Registered Member
OS

Re: Changes do not affect Firefox

Mon May 06, 2019 7:20 pm
Browsers like to provide their own integrated title/header bars. You can change that in Firefox's Customize page by checking Title Bar in the bottom corner.
Browsers also provide their own default font settings. For Firefox this is under Preferences -> General -> Language and Appearance.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
edilov
Registered Member

Tue May 07, 2019 7:19 am
Yes, but how to change the min/max/close buttons, or tittle bar size? Because whatever window decoration theme i choose Firefox stays with the default Breeze theme.
airdrik
Registered Member
OS

Fri May 10, 2019 6:23 pm
You did enable the Title bar option in FF's menu -> Customize, correct? If that option is unchecked then FF will provide its own integrated (space-saving) title bar, using the styling from the GTK theme. When checked it should use the system decorations for the title bar. If that isn't working you may need to restart some things (Firefox and/or Plasma).

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.