This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

transparent theme

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ericbo
Registered Member

transparent theme

Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:25 pm
Hello everyone
I come to this forum to get answers
I installed manjaro KDE and I wanted the theme:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/plasma-theme-diamond
my last one is no longer maintained
is there an alternative solution?
as a similar theme (with the transparency effect on the task bar)
or rebuild the package?
or is there a software that creates its own theme?
on this good day to you

ps: message translated with deepl

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator xD
airdrik
Registered Member
OS

Re: transparent theme

Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:20 pm
Doing a little searching on the KDE store, the closest I can come up with for Diamond would be: https://store.kde.org/p/1259546/

Of course it depends on what elements you want to be transparent/translucent. If just the desktop elements (taskbar, widgets, lockscreen), you can just browse the selection of Desktop Themes most of which use transparent elements. You can browse the selection either with your browser, using KDE's Discover installer tool (under Plasma Addons > Plasma Themes) or using System Settings > Workspace Theme > Desktop Theme > Get New themes.

If you want transparent window elements, there are a couple of options available to you. First would be to install the Kvantum theme engine and then find an appropriate Kvantum theme which provides the level of transparency you want. Second would be to similarly look at QtCurve, though it's a bit older, doesn't have as reliable of transparency (and I don't think has been updated to support Gtk3). Third, there's an experimental Plasma Windows Blur script you can use to add transparency to the Breeze (or other application) theme. Fourth, for the intrepid who doesn't mind manual compilation and hand-editing config files would be StyleProject

(edit: fixed the links)

Last edited by airdrik on Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
ericbo
Registered Member

Re: transparent theme

Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:22 pm
thank you very much for your answer
I'm going to try.