This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE has a pretty nice basic macos-like dock built in

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
karlp
Registered Member
OS
But could it be made more symmetrical?

Thanks.
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
What do you mean by more symmetrical? Looks symmetrical to me (at least right-left symmetry). Is something off-center? Does it feel off-balance? How would you prefer it changed?

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
karlp
Registered Member
OS
In the image I included, you can see there is some blank space on the right side of the dock. I'm not using this with a typical task manager, just the app icons.
So I am requesting the ability to remove this spacing somehow.

Thanks.
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
I assume you're just using a default panel and not the Latte Dock panel.
You should be able to right-click on the panel and hit Panel Options -> Panel Settings. With that settings pane open, hovering over the different elements will display a titlebar with an X button that can be used to remove them. It may be that there's just an extra (spacer) widget in there that's just taking up space.
(if you're using Latte Dock, the mechanics are a bit different but it may be a similar problem - a stray (spacer) widget that's just taking up extra space)

karlp
Registered Member
OS
There is no spacer, this is how the default panel acts when used as a dock. I want to keep my installation as simple as possible so I don't use latte dock. This is simply a panel with icon only task manager.

edit: Sorry for not being clear earlier.
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
Last possibility is that that space is used by the panel settings button (does clicking on it bring up the panel settings pane?), whose visibility depends on the plasma theme you are using. I'm not sure if themes can make it completely go away, though.

karlp
Registered Member
OS
It is the space where the button resides when widgets are unlocked but widgets are locked in this screenshot, and I keep them locked.
TL;DR useless space for me, no big deal, could be better without it