This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to remove or replace dotted outlines on KDE menus

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
leonardos
Registered Member
I am very attached to the visual in a system. I always try to change every detail that will serve me well (visually and usability). There is a detail that bothers me a lot: Why, even nowadays, with so many alternatives, are there dotted outlines?

P.s.: I know they are used on Acessibility or in case of navigating through a keyboard.

That was one of the reasons that made me run away from Gnome and go to KDE, where at first I didn't came across them. But after a time using and seeking out the system, there they are: (It also happens on LXQt)

Is there a way of eliminate those dotted outlines from KDE or replace it? Like, underlined? (Image below)

On Gnome I managed to resolve this by creating a gtk.css file on /home/user/.config/gtk-3.0 with the following code:

{

outline-style: none;

}

But when I tested it here on Kubuntu 19.04, it didn't work. Is there a way of edit CSS of the system?

Beside that, it looks like some specific softwares has it inserted in itself, like Libre Office in its menu:

As I said, it's just a detail. I can live happily without it. But it would be nice to eliminate it, hahaha. It's good to know something new as well, as long as I want to learn creating stuff on Qt. (Studying fot that)
leonardos
Registered Member
Does anyone know a solution?
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
I'd be inclined to suggest it depends on the application theme used, but it may be something not touched by the available themes. I think I'd agree that it seems a little out-of-character for the breeze theme.
You might raise the issue with the VDG. Links for how to get involved are described here: https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved/design

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.