This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Remove multiple copies of virtual desktop switcher

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sjeffrey
Registered Member
I am using KDE Plasma (KDE framework 5.59.0) and have four virtual desktops. This is fine, except in the Panel at the bottom of the screen I have three copies of the desktop switching "tool" (i.e. the small selector tool that enables you to switch between the desktops).

How can I remove the two extra copies?

My ~/.config/kwinrc contains:

Code: Select all
[$Version]
update_info=kwin.upd:replace-scalein-with-scale,kwin.upd:port-minimizeanimation-effect-to-js,kwin.upd:port-scale-effect-to-js,kwin.upd:port-dimscreen-effect-to-js

[Compositing]
OpenGLIsUnsafe=false

[Desktops]
Id_1=7625e30d-9927-46c7-b2e6-18947dc68fe3
Id_2=eb34fe83-cf41-4ae5-bf8b-a8cdfcd0de12
Id_3=5b16c437-e5fb-46f5-99d5-195183fee19c
Id_4=8f969684-d7f0-4486-b871-559a89a43cb3
Number=4
Rows=1
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
Click the arrow on the far left of the panel to bring up its configuration tools, where you can remove any extra Desktop Pager widgets.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
sjeffrey
Registered Member
If I right click on the pager, there are two options:
- one to "Configure Desktops"
- one to "Configure Pager"
Clicking on them brings up a dialog box with various options, but neither has anything about removing extra pager widgets.

However this did work for me:

Left click on panel
Panel Options
Configure Panel
Slide mouse pointer over the "Add spacer" option then slide pointer over the desktop page. An small dialog box appears and one of options is to remove the pager.
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
sjeffrey wrote:
However this did work for me:

Left click on panel
Panel Options
Configure Panel
Slide mouse pointer over the "Add spacer" option then slide pointer over the desktop page. An small dialog box appears and one of options is to remove the pager.

if you left click on the far right of your panel, where there is a 'config' icon (not an arrow these days) , you open the panel's config and , where you also get that, but without the extra steps.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001