This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Manjaro broken Systemsettings

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
zachus
Registered Member
OS

Manjaro broken Systemsettings

Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:39 am
This post is about a separate root cause (now from 2019) than the OP but the thread has a good google score, so affected users may well find this.

I post this ostensibly unrelated guide to circumvent the sloppy support that Manjaro delivers (rather, is NOT delivering at all) while of course its competitors always shirk from doing, e.g. Arch misanthropy and make the info accessible in a thread with decent google-score at a time when the distro forums are more hostile than ever, just note the highly exclusive rules and misanthropy at Arch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

o) xD bug report xD o)

systemsettings5 crashes for lots of reason. If you get a crash with

kcmshell5 kcm_icons # the QML-based KCMs crash but some do still work, such as systemD

then look at above bug report.

caused by a broken unmatched package named kirigami2-git with some QML stuff from the Manjaro community repo . Manjaro loves to blame it on the users themselves, like when they put poisoned openRC packages up for download which immediately wreck all systemD installations for good. That is old Manjaro tradition. Let some meta package pull in all the poison, then blame the user.

Of course they make bughunting very difficult since on Arch, Dr. Konqi is pretty feckless and kirigami2 commit version 5.61.0.r1856.g90294e61-1
is nowhere to be found. That is what they call open source.

Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Manjaro broken Systemsettings

Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:23 pm
zachus wrote:This post is about a separate root cause (now from 2019) than the OP but the thread has a good google score, so affected users may well find this.

I post this ostensibly unrelated guide to circumvent the sloppy support that Manjaro delivers (rather, is NOT delivering at all) while of course its competitors always shirk from doing, e.g. Arch misanthropy and make the info accessible in a thread with decent google-score at a time when the distro forums are more hostile than ever, just note the highly exclusive rules and misanthropy at Arch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please don't do that, you are NOT helping anyone by hijacking threads that are totally unrelated. Also badmouthing other distributions who refuse help for code they are not responsible for is not nice at all.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
zachus
Registered Member
OS

broken Systemsettings

Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:41 am
How did you arrive at your personal conclusion that my post won't help anybody?

I wish I had found a post like that in time. Posterity will be in a much better position than myself at the time.

airdrik
Registered Member
OS

Re: Manjaro broken Systemsettings

Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:39 pm
Perhaps saying it won't help anyone is a little extreme, but I understand Mamarok's frustration with people who post what should be new topics on the tail of some other post that hasn't had activity for a while.

Google will help people find the post regardless of if it is in its own thread or if it's in a separate thread (perhaps more easily so if it's in its own thread as it wouldn't be cluttered by the conversation that was had on the previous thread).

If you're posting something that seems related to a previous topic, you can always link the other topic in your post.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.