This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Remove unused devices from audio settings

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
alex_091
Registered Member
In audio settings I get a long list of devices, most of them no more used or duplicates.
How can I delete them?
https://ibb.co/2hNk21y
Mamarok
Manager
OS
it is written in a database file, located in ~/.pulse which contains the name "device-manager" and ends with .tdb. This being a binary file I am not sure it can be that easily modified, let alone erased, but the Plasma devs for that part will be better suited to answer, I will try to get hold of someone

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
raphaelra
Registered Member
OS
Mamarok wrote:it is written in a database file, located in ~/.pulse which contains the name "device-manager" and ends with .tdb. This being a binary file I am not sure it can be that easily modified, ...

TDB (Trivial DataBase) can be inspected and manipulated with tdbtool from tdb-tools package. But i don't know if it is safe to delete entiries in the file without side effects ???
apachelogger
KDE Developer
OS
If you don't tick the 'show advanced devices' tickbox you won't be shown advanced devices.

Annoyed with bbcode since 1999.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
And there you are wrong, the old bluetooth headset I binned 2 years ago still shows, and I don't have advanced devices checked, never had actually.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...