This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Okular associated with everything

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
MadMartian
Registered Member

Okular associated with everything

Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:28 pm
For some reason KDE Okular is associated with every file type. So in Dolphin, regardless of what file I click, Okular opens with it. This is particularly annoying for example when I want to play an audio file and then Okular opens instead of RhythmBox. When I look at system File Associations I see that Okular is indeed associated with every file type that I have found so far.

How can I fix this? one thought I had is to write a script to modify all the file associations in batch programmatically instead of manually, but to do that I need to know how and where file associations are registered.

KDE Plasma: 5.8.9
Frameworks: 5.36.0
raphaelra
Registered Member
OS
Do you have an assoctiation to mimetype all/all ?
retrodll
Registered Member
OS

Re: Okular associated with everything

Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:28 am
Okular has become sentient and is taking over your computer. Run while you can.

In all seriousness, though, you probably have an association to all/all, as @raphaelra said. Try uninstalling and reinstalling Okular, that should fix your MIME database. If it doesn't, you might need to edit your ~/.mailcap or /etc/mailcap
kde-cfeck
Registered Member
Reinstalling packages never fixes configuration files in your home directory. Test with a freshly created user account.
raphaelra
Registered Member
OS
retrodll wrote:/.../ you might need to edit your ~/.mailcap or /etc/mailcap

Does KDE using mailcap or the mime type definitions in /usr/share/mime in conjunction with .desktops files /usr/share/kde/services ?