This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Plasma enable num pad mouse pointer navigation

Tags: accesibility, mouse, keyboard accesibility, mouse, keyboard accesibility, mouse, keyboard
(comma "," separated)
felipemoreno
Registered Member
I can't seem to find a way to enable the feature to control the mouse pointer with keyboard. This is a very important feature for me... It can be enabled in other desktops such as Gnome, and I think that it was also available in previous versions of KDE, but not in Plasma.

If this hasn't been integrated into Plasma, please consider it.
Thanks.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Have a look at the System Settings, it's where it always has been:

System Settings -> Personalisation-> Accessibility -> Mouse Navigation

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
felipemoreno
Registered Member
I don't seem to have a mouse navigation option. The options are: Bell, Modifier Keys, Keyboard Filters, Activation Gestures, Screen Reader.

Operating System: Kubuntu 19.04
KDE Plasma Version: 5.15.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.56.0
Qt Version: 5.12.2
Kernel Version: 5.0.0-32-generic
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 8 × Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
Memory: 15.5 GiB of RAM
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Since Kubuntu 19.04 is not an LTS version, I see no reason not to upgrade to Kubuntu 19.10

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
felipemoreno
Registered Member
I see... Thanks, I thought that *.04 versions were always LTS, but you are right. 19.04 is not an LTS version. Sure, I will upgrade whenever I get a chance.