This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

desktop configuration lost on second monitor

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
VanClaussen
Registered Member
Hi,

this morning I decided to sign up and ask for help here, because this issue still annoys me.
So as stated in the subject:
Upon reboot or relog kde plasma looses display settings on my second monitor. I've been googeling and searching around a lot again and again, but apparently never found a solution that worked.
I had a workaround for a certain time period by editing the standard settings file somewhere in the plasma folder structure, but after an update the change was gone.

To specify further:
I'm running two monitors on my laptop, while keeping my laptop shut. Via "Configure Desktop" I can change the wallpaper for each monitor individually, as well as turning off the "Show the desktop toolbox" in the Tweaks tab (those are the settings I want to keep). After rebooting or relogging, the settings are lost on the second monitor, the main monitor keeps the settings (now when I'm thinking about it, I think the second monitor also looses the whole panel / panel settings). I'm running the latest version of plasma-desktop: 5.17.3-1 on arch 5.3.11

As I already stated I tried several things like relogging to keep settings, changing the config file in home by hand etc.

Any ideas?

Regards
bernhardh
Registered Member
Any solution found to this? I have the same issue on my notebook, but only with one external monitor (and active notebook monitor).