This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE desktops

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ionicalo
Registered Member

KDE desktops

Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:51 pm
Where do I find KDE desktops? How do I set them and switch between them?

My son’s car got broken, again, and I need to get it fixed real fast! According to what I’ve read, I can borrow up to $1.500 (the source web page)?? Anyhow, I know I will be able to return the money by April, it is just that I have no credit history to show for myself and I know they don’t like people with clean slate. Any thoughts??

Last edited by ionicalo on Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xyquadrat
Registered Member

Re: KDE desktops  Topic is solved

Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:19 pm
Hello, I am afraid that I do not fully understand your question. Are you talking about virtual desktops? If yes, you can find them in the System Settings - search for "virtual desktops" there and you should find all the configuration options. You can also add an applet to a panel which allows you to switch between those without a keyboard shortcut. For this, right-click on a panel and select "Add applet" (or similar). There should be a "Virtual desktop switcher".
claydoh
Registered Member
OS

Re: KDE desktops

Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:03 pm
xyquadrat wrote:Hello, I am afraid that I do not fully understand your question. Are you talking about virtual desktops? If yes, you can find them in the System Settings - search for "virtual desktops" there and you should find all the configuration options. You can also add an applet to a panel which allows you to switch between those without a keyboard shortcut. For this, right-click on a panel and select "Add applet" (or similar). There should be a "Virtual desktop switcher".

Many/most stock Plasma setups include the widget on the panel by default already, but it stays hidden until a second or more desktops are added, so it should automatically show once more are added.

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
ionicalo
Registered Member

Re: KDE desktops

Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:46 pm
xyquadrat wrote:Hello, I am afraid that I do not fully understand your question. Are you talking about virtual desktops? If yes, you can find them in the System Settings - search for "virtual desktops" there and you should find all the configuration options. You can also add an applet to a panel which allows you to switch between those without a keyboard shortcut. For this, right-click on a panel and select "Add applet" (or similar). There should be a "Virtual desktop switcher".

Thanks! Finally got it!