This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE Program Taskbar Setting Question

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bbkjbbkj
Registered Member
I am relatively new to Linux (used Mint Cinnamon for a few years) and just recently started to take a hard look at KDE Neon as a DE. I am really impressed with KDE Neon, but don't like the way it displays the running applications on the program taskbar - moves them to the right and puts a long description with it. I much prefer the program taskbar stay static and just underline running applications like Manjaro KDE, Mint Cinnamon 19.x and Windows 10. I am sure there is a setting that will change this behavior but I have been unable to find it.

My apologies, if I did not put this question in the correct forum. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!
Mamarok
Manager
OS
You can modify the Taskbar settings, or use another taskbar widget. I don't know if all distribution use the same widget.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
bbkjbbkj
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:You can modify the Taskbar settings, or use another taskbar widget. I don't know if all distribution use the same widget.

Thank you so very much Mamarok for your response. I just started using KDE and have been a little overwhelmed with the number of configuration options. I did find the answer while I was looking at a MX Linux respin to add KDE. You have to right click close, but not on, the last program in the task bar. You have an option to Configure the panel and an option to Edit the panel. These are the ones I kept going into. There was another option called "Show Alternatives" with alternative widgets. The setting was on "task manager", and I changed it to "Icons-Only task manager". KDE Neon is now working like expected. Yea!