This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Show window border lines in dark mode

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
medmedin
Registered Member
I disabled compositor, vsync and all visual effects, then I configured my intel conf file to avoid tearing, and now my machine is super fast without tearing and my CPU is relaxing a lot, the only problem I got is that it's difficult to differentiate opened windows when they are overlapping in dark-breeze theme, I want to draw a line border around windows, so how can I achieve this :
https://imgur.com/Ij46MJA

My config is the following :
Operating System: Kubuntu 19.10
KDE Plasma Version: 5.17.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.64.0
Qt Version: 5.12.4
Kernel Version: 5.3.0-25-generic
OS Type: 64-bit

Last edited by medmedin on Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Wrong subforum, moving post...

Please always state your exact Plasma version and distribution, it makes answering questions much easier...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
medmedin
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:Wrong subforum, moving post...

Please always state your exact Plasma version and distribution, it makes answering questions much easier...

The problem is with the forum, it gives me only limited apps to choose from when I start creating new question ! There is no way to set subsection !
The forum should add a possibility when creating questions to choose by domain (section) and not by apps names.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
But it is really easy, go to the Board Index and select the subforum in the list, once in there click on the blue "New Topic" button at the top right of the subforum. There is a lot more ways to use the forum than using the guided posting...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
medmedin
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:But it is really easy, go to the Board Index and select the subforum in the list, once in there click on the blue "New Topic" button at the top right of the subforum. There is a lot more ways to use the forum than using the guided posting...

Weird, I subscribed to many forums but this is the only one that I should enter the subforum and then create new topic specific to that subforum ! Normally, the creation should be possible from any page inside the forum and the choice of subforum should be given to the user at the top of page (as combobox) of writing the content of the topic.
That's what explain why you have done/to do a lot of moving of topics inside this forum, it's bad design !