This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

kde neon keyboard numbers works only with shift+number

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jadoui
Registered Member
Hello everyone,
I'm new to linux and kde neon framework. I just installed kde neon version 5.17.04 and everything is just awesome, however i can't type directly numbers on my keyboard after activation numlock = on (the numlock key light is on), in fact i have to use Shift+number to type any number i want. Also i can't open a file with mouse double click.
is there anybody who faced this issue before and found a solution ?
kindly
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Likely a keyboard configuration issue, see System Settings -> Hardware -> Input Devices - Keyboard

What kind of keyboard are you talking about, regular PC keyboard or a laptop one? Some Laptops have weird funcionning keyboards TBH

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
jadoui
Registered Member
Thank you for your response.
I tried this solution on kde neon and kubuntu, but i still have the same issue.
I use an Asus laptop and i chose frensh keyboard during the installation process.
Thanks again
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Did you change the keyboard model? Default is a generic 105 PC keyboard, it's up to the user to change this if they have another keyboard. Might take a while to try out a few.

This is not about the language settings, it is about the actual keyboard model, you can tweak a lot in the settings, as well as in the advanced settings for the NumPad

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...