This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Notifications on top right corner

Tags: fixed fixed fixed
(comma "," separated)
therealkizu
Registered Member
OS

Notifications on top right corner

Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:38 am
Hello! I was just starting up my PC, opening Discord and I just found that the notifications are now on the top right corner. How did this happen?
https://imgur.com/a/s7OTbke
Mamarok
Manager
OS
For KDE you can change this in System Settings -> Personalisation -> Notifications

As for Discord, check the Settings? I don't use it, might be Discord specific, and that is not our software

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
therealkizu
Registered Member
OS
Mamarok wrote:For KDE you can change this in System Settings -> Personalisation -> Notifications

As for Discord, check the Settings? I don't use it, might be Discord specific, and that is not our software

But it applies to every application
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Notifications on top right corner

Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:21 pm
Change it? I gave you the way to do so :-)

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
therealkizu
Registered Member
OS
Mamarok wrote:Change it? I gave you the way to do so :-)

Still nothing :'(
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Does this mean you have changed the default location for notifications (System Settings -> Personalisation -> Notifications ->"popup position") and that doesn't apply? Very strange, I just tried here, works without problems.

Mind you, if you have the Plasma panel on top, of course the notifications will pop up there unless you change the popup position to a different custom one.

FWIW: it might be useful to set the Desktop Session to be restored, else you will end up with the old settings on every log in again.

kde-cfeck
Registered Member
The screenshot doesn't show a Plasma notification. Either this application doesn't follow the notifications spec, or you have installed a different notification tool.
therealkizu
Registered Member
OS

Re: Notifications on top right corner

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:59 pm
kde-cfeck wrote:The screenshot doesn't show a Plasma notification. Either this application doesn't follow the notifications spec, or you have installed a different notification tool.

But I didn't installed one. Also Ark notifications uses the Plasma one
therealkizu
Registered Member
OS
Fixed now. Just uninstalled dunst