This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Using Shift + Space for changing keyboard layouts

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
zvezdachetkin
Registered Member
Hello there!

I came across a problem that I cannot use the "Shift+space" shortcut for switching between keyboard layouts. Is there any way to set this shortcut? 8-)
Mamarok
Manager
OS
why this specific shortcut? I personally set it to Alt+Space and it works quite well. I think there are enough options in the shortcut list available already...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
zvezdachetkin
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:why this specific shortcut? I personally set it to Alt+Space and it works quite well. I think there are enough options in the shortcut list available already...

This shortcut is convenient for me. For instance, in Gnome I can set this shortcut by "gsettings set". =(
Mamarok
Manager
OS
System Settings -> Workspace -> Shortcuts -> Global Shortcuts -> System Settings. You can use the option to "Switch to next keyboard layout" (might be different if there are just two, I have 4 different layouts and more options, as I can switch to specific ones).
There you can set the shortcut you want, provided it is not already in use somewhere else.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
zvezdachetkin
Registered Member
This is what I need! Many thanks, and warm hug! =}