This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Bright yellow and green colors in random places

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Storm
Registered Member
OS
In certain parts of the Plasma GUI I have bright yellow and neon green colors showing up. Changing color theme does not seem to affect it, even if I make sure the theme does not have any yellows or greens defined in it at all.

Examples:

It also shows up in Latte dock, tinting the entire dock and its entire config window yellow.

Any ideas?

"Sic itur ad astra per aspera."
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Which Plasma version? Which Plasma theme do you use?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Storm
Registered Member
OS
Mamarok wrote:Which Plasma version? Which Plasma theme do you use?

My apologies, should have mentioned.

Plasma 5, fully updated, on Arch Linux. Theme is Breeze Dark.

Mamarok
Manager
OS
I use Breeze Dark myself and see no green or yellow items like you showed. I can only suspect a graphic driver problem, what kind of graphic card do you use and which driver?

FWIW: I presume it's Plasma 5.17.5 you are talking about, Plasma 5 is not precise enough...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Storm
Registered Member
OS
I did some more experimentation and I've found that the issue is only present with the "Dark Glass" Plasma theme. I used to use this theme for a very long time before the issue started, though. I thought it's one of the built in ones but apparently I can uninstall it so I assume it isn't.

My apologies if I just wasted your time with something likely happening on the theme's side.

(In case this is still relevant: Plasma 5.17.5; GeForce GTX 750 Ti; proprietary nVidia drivers)