This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Making Kolourpaint My Default Screencapture Program

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
agentx
Registered Member
I would like to change the program that launches when I press printscreen from Spectacle to Kolourpaint. Is there a way for me to do this?

Plasma 5.17.5 on Manjaro 18.1.5

Last edited by agentx on Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
erm, Kolourpaint is not a screen capture program, I hope you know this.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
agentx
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:erm, Kolourpaint is not a screen capture program, I hope you know this.

You do know that you can launch Kolourpaint and select acquire screenshot. right? I should be able to assign it to the print screen function just like I would PicPick in Windows, or any number of other apps in Linux.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
In the System Settings, remove the shortcut from Spectacle and assign it to what you want. Make sure you have sessions saved on logout to make the change permanent.You can always assign whatever you want, just be aware that it is not a standard setting.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
agentx
Registered Member
OK it's assigned but it's not doing the capture. It will launch when print screen is pressed but not capture the screen.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
why am I not surprised... the screenshot feature is a sub-feature of Kolourpaint, it is not a standalone function that can be launched with a shortcut, for that you need Spectacle.

agentx
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:why am I not surprised... the screenshot feature is a sub-feature of Kolourpaint, it is not a standalone function that can be launched with a shortcut, for that you need Spectacle.

You can drop the unwarranted attitude that you have had since your first post in my thread.