This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to show multi-monitor mode chooser?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
louiszimmerman
Registered Member
Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I use several Linux distributions and since a while I focus more on Plasma 5.

One simple thing I couldn't find out though: How can I bring up the multi-monitor mode chooser?

When I attached a second screen, it appeared for a moment and I was asked which mode I prefer: Mirror, left monitor only, right monitor only, extend desktop. After that there was no way to bring it back. No Shortcut available or configurable, no option in the monitor preferences (system preferences), etc. No information whatsoever about this in search engines. The only way to change the behavior was through a desktop widget.

What I mean is, the chooser described above looked like what is know from Windows when Windows key + P is pressed and where you can choose multi-monitor modes.

I use Plasma from 5.14 to 5.18, depending on the distro.

So... how can I bring up the multi-monitor mode chooser again or which program needs to be started in order to get it to show up?

Thanks in advance!
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Try System Settings -> Hardware -> Display and Monitor

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
geekonwheels
Registered Member
OS
Generally the keyboard shortcut Windows Key (Or Meta/Super)+P works great as well