This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Printer Dialog Does Not Honor Options

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mcorsa
Registered Member
OS
When printing and using the print dialog, when selecting Options, Reverse Order, it has no effect. Print job still prints in default order.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
A tad more information about the exact Plasma version you are using would be helpful...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
mcorsa
Registered Member
OS
Mamarok wrote:A tad more information about the exact Plasma version you are using would be helpful...

Sorry, thought my tag line was present.

KDE Plasma Version 5.18.4
KDE Frameworks Version 5.68.0
QT Version 5.15.1
O/S opSUSE Leap 15.1
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Maybe it's the printer? If you talk about hardware without specifying which it is, and what driver you use for we can only guess... keep in mind that not all manufacturers provide native drivers for printers on Linux.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
mcorsa
Registered Member
OS
Mamarok wrote:Maybe it's the printer? If you talk about hardware without specifying which it is, and what driver you use for we can only guess... keep in mind that not all manufacturers provide native drivers for printers on Linux.

Two different printers, Epson R1800 and Epson SureColor P800 both of which there are drivers available in the YaST setup for printers. If I can manage the settings within YaST with no issues I do not get why the KDE Printer Dialog controls do not work. I receive no error messages whatsoever just request for password for my account which I enter and then nothing.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
https://www.openprinting.org/printer/Ep ... hoto_R1800 lists the first printer as "Mostly supported", which means there are still issues. The SureColor is not even listed there. Does Epson provide Linux drivers for both printers? If not, then I fear there is not much we can do about.
Just because there are partial drivers doesn't meant all functions will work, this has nothing to do with the KDE Printer Stack, as it uses what the system provides.

mcorsa
Registered Member
OS
Mamarok wrote:https://www.openprinting.org/printer/Epson/Epson-Stylus_Photo_R1800 lists the first printer as "Mostly supported", which means there are still issues. The SureColor is not even listed there. Does Epson provide Linux drivers for both printers? If not, then I fear there is not much we can do about.
Just because there are partial drivers doesn't meant all functions will work, this has nothing to do with the KDE Printer Stack, as it uses what the system provides.

I think the original issue i was posting about got lost in translation somewhere along the way. Both printers work fine. When I select a document to print I can adjust the ink used, the printer specific things just fine.

What DOES NOT work is selecting the print order of reverse. What also does not work is from SYSTEM SETTINGS PRINTER OPTIONS (not in the print dialog) of setting the defaults that the Printer Dialog then starts with, such as print quality, ink set to be used as default, etc. YaST (openSUSE system administrator tools) all work to set those options for defaults which is what the Printer Settings from System Settings is supposed to do, or so I thought.

Just trying to report this in case it's a bug.