This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Configuring secondary touchpad (magic trackpad)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
aseques
Registered Member
I am trying to use a magic trackpad in my laptop. The trackpad is detected without issues and easily paired. I would like to configure the option "Tap-to-Click" that's not enabled by default in kde.
The problem is that I can only configure one touchpad from the gui (the laptop's touchpad), any idea on how could I configure the second touchpad?

Mamarok
Manager
OS
You can only use one trackpad at once. Any reason you would keep the built-in activated? I don't know much about the Magic Trackpad, could it be activated as a graphic tablet instead?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
aseques
Registered Member
Hi, sorry I forgot to reply, having the apple trackpad only would be fine for me, but I haven't found any way to change the default in GUI (selection is greyed out).
Mamarok
Manager
OS
I am a bit at loss here too, hardware setup is not my forte. Which touchpad drivers are installed or your system? Synpatics comes to mind, but normally libinput should supersede this.

FWIW: your distribution and Plasma version could be helpful as well

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
renefritze
Registered Member
Did this get resolved without disabling the builtin trackpad?
Or this disabling the builtin one still my best option? Can I switch settings profiles automatically, maybe with some udev rule?