This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Cannot update plasma style

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Aaron R
Registered Member

Cannot update plasma style

Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:09 am
Hello,

I was looking at some of my installed Plasma styles, and when clicking on "Get New Plasma Style", the ones that I have installed show an "Update" button.

However, upon clicking it, nothing happens. How is the update supposed to happen?

Thank you!
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Cannot update plasma style

Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:48 pm
Which exact Plasma version and distribution, which Plasma themes are you talking about? Did you try logging out and back in again?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Aaron R
Registered Member

Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:16 pm
Thank you Mamarok for following up.

I am running Manjaro Linux, Plasma 5.18.4, KDE Frameworks 5.69, QT 5.14.2, Kernel 5.4.33-3-MANJARO

The Plasma Styles I am trying to update are McMojave Plasma and Sweet KDE.

I have run through a few cycles of reboots and restarts, so that's why I decided to ask for a bit more help in the Forums. Today, after the update to Frameworks 5.69, when I click the update button I see a spinner with the "Update" text that goes on and on forever, but I did notice an error message that shows under the filter buttons:

"Unknown service collaboration API error" , and kwin_x11 and systemsettings5 processes go high on CPU usage.

Thanks!
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:30 pm
Did you report this also to the providers of the Themes? Those are not made by us, maybe they have an idea what is wrong...

Hint: an API error points to the theme having a problem

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...