This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Possible to switch off mobile barcode key in plasma?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
camiel
Registered Member
Hi all,

When I am logged into Plasma, and I press my tile key (on my US layout keyboard to the left of the 1), a window pops up with two barcodes and the title mobile barcode. Is there any way to turn this off? I am using an application where I every now and then use that button and the window keeps popping up :) I've been looking around in the shortcut keys, been trying to identify the program and looking on the internet but no success yet. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Camiel
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Some more information about your system (exact Plasma version, distribution, etc.) would be helpful...

This certainly is not Plasma related, more likely some external application causing this.

FWIW: the standard US keyboard layout has no key assignement left of the 1, so what keyboard is this? Some more information about the hardware (and the application you need that button for) would also help

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
camiel
Registered Member
Hi Mamarok,

I am running Ubuntu 19.10 with KDE plasma 5.16.5 on top. Frameworks 5.62.0, Qt 5.12.4, Kernel 5.3.0-46-generic.

I am not 100% sure but it seems the app came with the distro.

The keyboard model is generic 101-key PC

Thanks!

C
Mamarok
Manager
OS
And what is the name of that application?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
camiel
Registered Member
Mobile Barcode - Plasma. I've been looking around on the web but could find no reference of it anywhere :(
Mamarok
Manager
OS
There is a QR scanner for Plasma mobile AFAIK, but there is no such thing as a mobile barcode for Plasma, and I very much doubt this came with a distro.
Can't really help there, sorry.

camiel
Registered Member
Ok, thanks for your time anyways. I am trying to id the underlying process but am not able to find it with ps. Nothing that sounds anything like barcode scanner in the process list. The process is permanently running because when I do a count on processes running (in bash: ps -A | grep -c ?) the number is the same no matter how many barcode windows I have opened (also when there are none open). So now all I have is the windows I can generate pushing the tile button with the title "mobile barcode - Plasma" , and a list of processes of which none of the names coincide with the windows. Any idea's on how I could trace the windows back to a process ID? :)

Kind regards,

Camiel
xyquadrat
Registered Member
I do have a possible explanation for this. Klipper (the clipboard manager) can generate a barcode/QR code based on the contents of the clipboard. Have you checked that there is no shortcut assigned to the "Show barcode" action in Klipper? (either in System Settings or by right clicking the tray icon and choosing "Configure Clipboard")
camiel
Registered Member
That did it, thanks!

:)