This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to return the shadow under the labels on plasma desktop

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
alexsandr
Registered Member
Help me, i cant find answer. (sorry my english)
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Which exact Plasma version and distribution, which Global Theme, what did you change for this to happen?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
atolstoy
Registered Member
OS
alexsandr wrote:Help me, i cant find answer. (sorry my english)

Ha, I wonder how you managed to break it? There is a discussion of Manjaro users about it, and it looks lik Plasma5 does not allow enabling/disbaling desktop font shadows via GUI. You can still do it by manually editing the desktop containment QML file.
If you just want to fix what used to be working, consider reinstalling the package that FolderItemDelegate.qml belongs to.
alexsandr
Registered Member
Ha, I wonder how you managed to break it?

Yes, you’re right, but I don’t know how I broke it. They just disappeared and that’s all, maybe after installing another theme, when I was looking for something to like.
I also tried editing FolderItemDelegate.qml, but it did not work.
alexsandr
Registered Member
Which exact Plasma version and distribution, which Global Theme, what did you change for this to happen?

Kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.19.116-1-MANJARO
Shell: bash
DE: KDE 5.69.0 / Plasma 5.18.4
WM: KWin
GTK Theme: Qogir-win-dark [GTK2/3]
Icon Theme: Qogir
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Erm, I was asking for the Plasma Theme, remember you are in the KDE Forum here...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
alexsandr
Registered Member
Sorry, I didn’t notice that only GTK indicated. Plasma the theme is also Qogir. But no matter what theme I apply, the shadows do not come back.
alexsandr
Registered Member
SOLVED. I found how to reset KDE settings.
Just created a copy of ~ / .conf and ~ / .local, then erased these two directories and rebooted the system. Next, had to copy them back, skipping those files and folders that were created by the system. Thus returning the settings of the remaining programs.