This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Configure dialog box for Breeze Widget Style lacks transpare

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jbanister
Registered Member
The configure dialog box for the Breeze Widget Style in (Configure Desktop -> Appearance -> Application Style) lacks the Transparency tab. Where is the new location for these transparency adjustments? Plasmashell 5.12.8 on OpenSuse Leap 15.1
Mamarok
Manager
OS
It is present for me, maybe you lack something in your installation?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
jbanister
Registered Member
The four tabs I see are: General, Animations, Frames, Scrollbars
If I lack something in my installation, how could I learn what I lack?
I notice your version of Plasma is newer. Was the transparency tab gone for a while?
If it was, do you know were it might have gone?
Currently running Opensuse Leap 15.1, Plasmashell 5.12.8, Frameworks 5.55.0, Qt 5.9.7, Kernel: Linux 4.12.14-lp151.28.48-default
kde-cfeck
Registered Member
Menu transparency was added in a later Plasma version. Please check https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:KDE_repositories where to find repositories with newer Plasma versions. If you are unfamiliar with repositories, please ask for help in an openSUSE specific forum.
jbanister
Registered Member
I have transparency now. I installed Latte Dock, turned on the Compositor in Hardware -> Display and Monitor, and the Application Launcher acquired transparency. Since the transparency is there, there should be a way to adjust the amount of transparency. All the instructions I could find by looking around online said to use the Transparency Tab in the Configure dialog box for Breeze Widget Style. Except, that tab isn't there. So, I am trying to find the place that is used instead of that tab to adjust this transparency. I won't be updating to a later Plasma version until June when the update from 15.1 to 15.2 comes out. I've tried updating plasma beyond the supported level in OpenSuse Leap, and that has always broken the web of dependencies too much. But, I don't need to update plasma to have the transparency I have now. I just need to learn how to adjust it, so that I can leave my compositor on for the dock animation, but not have this transparency just at the very annoying level where it currently sits.