This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Popup notifications

Tags: popup, plasma, widget, notifications popup, plasma, widget, notifications popup, plasma, widget, notifications
(comma "," separated)
lucasc
Registered Member
OS

Popup notifications

Fri May 08, 2020 8:00 pm
Hi, folks.
Is there a way to make popup notifications transparent, or to be able to move them?
There are times I want to keep popups there, with downloads or transfers for exemple, but since I cannot move them, see through them, I find it a little annoying.
Thank you very much.

Kubuntu 22.04
KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.92.0
Qt Version: 5.15.3
Kernel Version: 5.15.0-39
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Popup notifications

Sat May 09, 2020 11:47 am
You can't make notifications transparent unless you use a transparent Plasma theme, but you can change the position where the notifications show up:
System Settings -> Personalisation -> Notifications -> Popup: Choose Custom Position

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
wildensowl
Registered Member

Re: Popup notifications

Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:20 pm
There is a way to make popup notifications transparent, but it's a little bit of a workaround. You can go into the settings for the app displaying the popup and change the background colour to transparent. This will make the popup semi-transparent so that you can see through it. You can also change the position of the popup by going into the settings and changing the position to top or bottom. If that still doesn't work, you might consider reaching out for advice at guys from https://promolayer.io/en. They're focused on the Japanese market and already have an imposing experience in this field. Cheers!