This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Application Menu Recent Documents: Docs Only, No Locations?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
metal450
Registered Member
Is there a way to have the Application Menu's Recent Documents list *only* include actual documents (i.e. not locations)? My menu ends up getting filled with just folders I've navigated to; I'd like to be able to use that menu on Windows, explicitly for opening actual *documents*, but unfortunately Google has turned up no such option.

Thanks in advance!
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Not AFAIK

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
metal450
Registered Member
Oh whoops, sorry about that. Kubuntu 20.04, KDE Plasma 5.18.4.

It's not possible even by means of editing some config file buried somewhere? Are you pretty certain? That surprises me, as my impression was KDE was the ultimate in customization - and the current behavior seems very unusual for a "recent documents" implementation, coming from Windows.
metal450
Registered Member
Not sure if this is really safe or recommended, but at least as a temporary/stop-gap solution, it looks like I can clean out all the menu's clutter (& therefore get it to temporarily behave properly) with the following command:

sqlite3 ~/.local/share/kactivitymanagerd/resources/database "DELETE FROM ResourceScoreCache WHERE initiatingAgent = 'dolphin';" ; pkill -f kactivitymanagerd ; /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec/kactivitymanagerd &