This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Does the new device widget propose to mount a UDF DVD ?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
nmset
Registered Member
OS
When an ISO9660 DVD is inserted in its tray, the new device widget pops up asking to open with k3b or browse the disk.

When a UDF DVD is inserted, either nothing happens, or the new device widget asks whether to open with k3b. It never offers to mount the DVD and browse with Dolphin.

The disk can be simply mounted as root and browsed seamlessly. I found this behaviour on two machines, and I'm wondering whether there's something wrong in my setup. As an additional note, the disk gets simply mounted on Win10.

Can someone please confirm same ?

Thank you.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
You can change that in the System Settings -> Hardware - > Removable Storage -> Device Actions

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
nmset
Registered Member
OS
Thanks, I could create an action that will pop up, but the problem is to write the correct 'kioclient exec' command. It should mount the drive and open dolphin on the mount point. Any hint ?