This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Konqueror looks **** when multiple tabs are open

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
xvila
Registered Member
Hi:

My problem is that when I launch konqueror with multiple tabs there is some kind of overlapping of the different pages in such a way that the scrollbar and the status bar look very bad

As you can see, the scrollbar is a mess (and is not usable) and also the status bar at the bottom shows texts that belong to pages in other tabs

Any idea ?
Thanks in advance
Xavier

Last edited by xvila on Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zarin
KDE Developer
OS
I can still reproduce this in latest trunk. I'm sure there's a bug report somewhere about it on http://bugs.kde.org .

Last edited by Zarin on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JontheEchinda
KDE Developer
OS
It's this bug: http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=172204

You can work around it by manually clicking on each tab.

JontheEchinda, proud to be a member of the Kubuntu team since July 2008.
xvila
Registered Member
Thank you all for the quick reply.
Sorry for not checking the bugs before posting here !
(And sorry for the big size of the screenshot)
JontheEchinda
KDE Developer
OS
No problem. ;-) The KDE bug tracker can be a bit hard to find stuff in anyway.... I actually re-found the report by finding the bug in the Ubuntu bug tracker and following the link to the bugs.kde.org one. :D

Last edited by JontheEchinda on Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jucato
Registered Member
OS
This usually happens to me if I launch Konqueror using a profile that has multiple tabs in it. One way I've gotten around this bug is to bookmark all the tabs instead of saving in a profile. I can still open them up all at once, though management is a bit wonky.

So for the moment you have a choice between easier profile management but crazy status/scroll bars or a wonky bookmark system but clean UI. :)

Jucato, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
JontheEchinda
KDE Developer
OS
I'd prefer easy profile management, especially since all you have to do to make the artifacts go away is visit each tab.