This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Unable to use alternate keymaps

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
manas
Registered Member

Unable to use alternate keymaps

Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:09 pm
Code: Select all
KDE Plasma Version: 5.19.0
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.70.0
Qt Version: 5.15.0
Kernel Version: 5.6.15-zen2-1-zen
OS Type: 64-bit

I have multiple keymaps enabled in System Settings -> Hardware -> Input Devices -> Keyboard -> Layouts

I used to be able to switch keymaps by using the super+space keyboard shortcut. Since yesterday, I have been unable to use the shortcut to switch keymaps. When I press super+space, nothing happens. When I use the alternate shortcut ctrl+alt+k a large keyboard icon is displayed on my screen with the keymap listed underneath, the keymap does not change however. When I try to preview my alternate keymap, Hindi (KaGaPa, phonetic) in this case, nothing is shown -- I am able to preview the default English (US) keymap. This used to work perfectly before but something seems to have gone wrong recently.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Unable to use alternate keymaps

Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:50 am
Which distro is this on?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...