This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

An app is scaled up after fiddling with scale settings

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
LorenDB
Registered Member
OS
I was fiddling around with the scale settings for my display. When I was done, I reset the scale to 100%. However, one app refuses to scale back down and stays at an at least 150% scale. Is there any way I can fix this?
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Which app? Let me guess, not a KDE one?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
LorenDB
Registered Member
OS
Correct. :) It's nheko-reborn (edit: also known as nheko, version 0.6.4). I've tried everything I can think of (including removing the app, purging cached installation files, and reinstalling; and changing the display scaling again), but I can't get it working correctly.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Maybe it is a bug of that particular app? It is made with Qt and should work nicely in Plasma normally, so I am a bit at loss why this is happening. I suggest filing a bug, specifying this information (that nheko-reborn is a Qt based Matrix client) on http://bugs.kde.org, product KScreen as well as to nheko-reborn

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
LorenDB
Registered Member
OS
Sounds like a good idea.