This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Drawing tablet question

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
npdan
Registered Member
OS

Drawing tablet question

Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:15 am
Hello,
I have a question about the GUI part of using a graphics tablet. I am using a wacomm intuos pro that has a scrool wheel and 6 express buttons and i have 3 questions about using it on Kubuntu 20.04 that is running on Plasma 5.18 if i`m not mistaken:

Question 1: is there a way to view the battery life on the tablet within KDE? I ran into several situations this week where the tablet shuts down while i`m using it, causing me to think that Plasma froze (but it didn`t), this is because it ran out of battery. Is there a warrning i`m missing or a disabled feature i haven't seen that could indicate the battery life?

Question 2: While everything is working great with the express keys, i havent found a way to assign different actions on the scrool wheel, by default it has 4 states and the first one is set as zoom (witch is perfect), but there 3 extra states that cannot be set. Is there a way to set them?

Question 3: While i can set the pen presure in every app i use, there is also a setting in KDE settings with regards to the pen's softness, and it's near minimum softness, if i play with the slider to make it more hars the pressure imput scales agresivly to the point that its allmost at max presure with even a light stroke. Is there a way to calibrate the treshold in order for it to be set in the settings and not in every app, consistancy is hard to match in each app.

Thanks! overall wonderfull experience with KDE 5.18
npdan
Registered Member
OS

Re: Drawing tablet question

Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:58 am
No one?