This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[Kate, KDevelop] Application menus not appearing

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
LorenDB
Registered Member
OS
I had been using the Global Menu widget at one point to display menus in the panel, although I have since removed it. I don't know if that had any impact on the following issue, but Kate and KDevelop's menus no longer are appearing. Is there any fix for this?
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Make sure the Application menus daemon is disabled in System Settings -> Workspace -> Startup and Shutdown -> Background Services

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
LorenDB
Registered Member
OS
That doesn't fix my problem, for some reason.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Did you restart Plasma?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
LorenDB
Registered Member
OS
Yes, I did.

(Sorry for the late answer, I forget to check this forum... :-\)
Mamarok
Manager
OS
By menu, do you mean the Menu bar? Try Ctrl+M

LorenDB
Registered Member
OS
Well, Ctrl-M gave a warning about completely hiding the menubar, so I pressed it again and the menubar appeared. Problem solved, I guess...