This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Customize logout confirmation screen icons

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
miguelquintero
Registered Member
Hello everyone, I've been searching about how to manually customize the logout confirmation screen icons. I've confirmed that they change according to the plasma global theme, it just happens that I don't like the mentioned icons on my preferred theme and it would be great to be able to customize them but I've not been able to localize the file or files that contain such icons. On breeze global theme they seem to be located at /usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme/default/icons/system.svgz, I've checked on the folder of the desktop theme I'm running (WhiteSur-Dark) for something similar but the icons just don't visually match the ones that my system is loading and I don't know where they are been loading from. I'm running the latest plasma version on Arch. Thanks in advance for any help!

Here is a screenshot
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Since not everybody knows which exact Plasma is the latest on your distribution, could you please be more precise about this?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
miguelquintero
Registered Member
Hello! Yep, sorry; I'm running plasmashell 5.19.3. Thanks for any help and good day!
miguelquintero
Registered Member
Hello everyone yesterday I was able to customize the login confirmation as I wanted, I'm just posting the answer for anyone with the same doubt. To customize the icons you have to edit the file system.svg or system.svgz that is contained in /home/<yourusernamehere>/.local/share/plasma/desktoptheme/<yourglobalthemenamehere>/icons or /usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme/<yourglobalthemenamehere>/icons, the file consists in a set of icons in 2 sizes 22 pixels and 32 pixels that you can edit as you desire, they can be located everywhere in the document canvas (I edited the file with Inkscape) the important part for the system to recognize each icon needs to be grouped and it has to use the correct object id; for example, the system shutdown icon has 2 icons with a size of 22 pixels and 32 pixels each one and their ids must be "22-22-system-shutdown" for the 22 pixels version and "system-shutdown" for the 32 pixels version of the icon without the quotes. Below is the list of ids and a screenshot of the result. Hope it helps someone and thanks!

ids = {22-22-system-search,system-search,22-22-system-log-out,system-log-out,22-22-system-shutdown,system-shutdown,22-22-system-suspend-hibernate,system-suspend-hibernate,22-22-system-suspend,system-suspend,22-22-system-switch-user,system-switch-user,22-22-system-users,system-users,22-22-system-reboot,system-reboot,22-22-system-lock-screen,system-lock-screen,22-22-system-user-list,system-user-list,22-22-system-save-session,system-save-session,22-22-system-user-prompt,system-user-prompt}