This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Ungroup specific application only in Latte Dock?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bobbywibowo
Registered Member
OS
Hi there fellas, here's what I have in mind:

Basically I want to make a .desktop shortcut for htop, but I want it to run in alacritty terminal (from here on referred to as htop-alacritty).
Its "Exec" command so far is: alacritty -e htop (where -e is the option to run specific commands into the terminal).

Unfortunately, I already got alacritty pinned in Latte Dock, so whenever I started htop-alacritty, Latte Dock would "group" it in the same icon as alacritty itself.
Which I suppose only made sense, as the shortcut essentially only launched alacritty itself.

So I was wondering, is there any wizardry somehow that can make the dock "pretend" htop-alacritty is not actually alacritty?
I know there's an option in Latte Dock to "not group" applications, but that's not really what I want, cause I actually liked the grouping for everything else.
My aim is basically wanting to know if there's a method, somehow, to make htop-alacritty seemingly as if a standalone application separate from alacritty itself, even if in truth it's just alacritty that's preset to run htop.

I've tried changing windows class/instance (in alacritty can be configured with --class option), and played around with KWin's Special Windows Settings, unfortunately that couldn't fulfil my wish.

Any input would be appreciated, and thanks in advance!

"LIfe is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." - Albert Einstein

Homepage: https://fiery.me