This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Updating favorites in application launcher from scripts

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jcdole
Registered Member
OS
Hello.
By using 'InotifyWait' I noticed that the addition or deletion of a 'Favorites' involved updating a single file: /home/user/.config/kactivitymanagerd-statsrc.

After creating a new user, I try to apply modification directly by updating the configuration using a text editor. After login out and login in, I found that my amendments were not applied. Although 'InotifyWait' does not show this, it seems that other files might be involved.

The database '/home/user_dummy/. local/share/kactivitymanagerd/resources/database' seems to be used as a change log. Is this database also used directly in the user configuration or is it just a log?

The purpose of my tests is to finalize the configuration of a new user by bash scripts.

Any help is welcome
jcdole
Registered Member
OS
No body there ?
koffeinfriedhof
Registered Member
OS
Hi!

I cannot answer to your specific topic, but you cannot easily edit the configuration files like this as they could be cached and later be overwritten again. You have to use `kwriteconfig5` to change these files, or from another user account while not being logged in.
jcdole
Registered Member
OS
koffeinfriedhof wrote:Hi!

I cannot answer to your specific topic, but you cannot easily edit the configuration files like this as they could be cached and later be overwritten again. You have to use `kwriteconfig5` to change these files, or from another user account while not being logged in.

Ok. Noted.

What is the purpose of '/home/user_dummy/. local/share/kactivitymanagerd/resources/database' ?
It seems to be a system log keeper.
koffeinfriedhof
Registered Member
OS
Dunno. I think this is the «tracking option» for activities.