This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Inconsistent globalscale/resolution on 1440p monitor

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mcoz
Registered Member
I have been running the KDE plasma edition of Manjaro for many months on a 1080p monitor without any issues. The following anomaly started after I changed to a 2560x1440p monitor.

With global scale set at 100% KDE applications and system UI elements are scaled to the equivalent of 150% (or there about). Other applications such as web browsers are scaled as I would expect for this monitor at 100% scale. Increasing the scale to 125% reduces the scaling of KDE applications etc to what appears to be 100%. Browsers and other applications increase to 125% scale. Changing global scale to 150% appears to result in uniform scaling at 150%.

A partial workaround is to set global scaling to 106% which makes all applications somewhat uniform. However, certain UI elements are not usable with this setting - eg the widget selector appears half off the screen

I have tested my hardware setup with a live USB environment and scaling and resolution worked perfectly.

I would like to have scaling set at 100% to maximise the screen real estate that I have but just can’t do it currently with the inconsistent scaling levels. I am hoping there is a fix so that I don’t have to reinstall the OS.

Any advice would be appreciated.