This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Why change the layout on the lock screen?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
gadzhi
Registered Member
Please make it possible to remove the layout changes on the lock screen. There is no benefit to this. Very often you have to re-enter your password if you forgot to change it to English earlier. This is annoying. English speakers don't have that concern.
https://yadi.sk/i/BD-4qh3PoRmZCw
Mamarok
Manager
OS
my keyboard layout doesn't change, maybe tell us some more about your system and exact Plasma version?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
gadzhi
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:my keyboard layout doesn't change, maybe tell us some more about your system and exact Plasma version?

Sorry, I thought no one would answer anymore, since the topics quickly went down. This does not depend on the version, since this is from the very beginning of my acquaintance with Manjaro KDE, from the beginning of this year. I endured, but it annoys me. And not just me. Since when I asked in the Russian-language chat channel of Telegram,
then no one could answer me and several users also had a negative effect on changing the layout on the lock screen. On the lock screen, other than English, no other languages ​​are needed. There is no such thing on Xfce. Try adding a language, maybe then you will have a keyboard layout.
I am Russian-speaking and I translate through a translator. I hope you understand me.
Operating System: Manjaro Linux 20.1
KDE Plasma Version: 5.19.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.73.0
Qt Version: 5.15.0
Kernel Version: 5.8.3-2-MANJARO
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 2 × Intel® Pentium® CPU G3220 @ 3.00GHz
Memory: 3.8 ГиБ of RAM
Graphics Processor: GeForce GT 730/PCIe/SSE2
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Hm, I of course do not have your more recent Plasma, but I still doubt this is Plasma related anyway. I use 5 different keyboard layouts, and still see nothing changing when locking the screen.

I am not aware of any discussion on other forums, so if you open a thread here you should follow up here:

Please try with a new user to see if this is reproducible, if yes, this is a bug you need to report on bugs.kde.org

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
KDA
Registered Member
OS
SDDM uses the system-wide keyboard layout on the login screen, but it uses the session keyboard layout on the unlock screen. This isn’t configurable. Change your keyboard layout to U.S. before locking the screen to have SDDM use it. I find this design baffling.

You can, of course, just replace SDDM with something else. Try GDM, for example. —or whatever Xfce uses, since you liked how that behaved.