This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dual Monitor support and task bar issue.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
akore
Registered Member
Brand new to this forum so I hope I found the right place to post this.

I have a dual monitor system with a Lenovo T520 and a 27" Auria monitor connected to is via a DP cable.

I am running Manjaro Linux with KDE plasma

KDE Plasma Version: 5.19.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.73.0
Qt Version: 5.15.0
Kernal Version: 5.8.6-1-MANJARO

The issue I am running into is that I select my 27" secondary monitor "TBD (DP1)" as my Primary which moves the task bar to it and that works like it should. Great. But then if I reboot my system the task bar moves back to the "Laptop Screen" even though under Display Configuration it still shows the check mark as checked for Primary as the "TBD (DP1)" monitor. I then have to select the "Laptop Screen" and set it as Primary and apply and then select "TBD (DP1)" and select Primary and hit Apply to move it back to the "TBD (DP1)" display. This only happens on a reboot, I can put the system to Sleep and it Wakes just fine with the task bar where is should be. I hope I explained this issue so that it comes across in typed form.

I read that KDE Plasma 5.20.0 is coming out soon and was wondering is the developers could look at this issue and see if it can be resolved or if maybe I am missing something from my system?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Do you save the session on logout? (in System Settings)

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...