This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

no notifications from firefox

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
somebody
Registered Member

no notifications from firefox

Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:41 pm
Hello,

I was using google chrome for some time. I got used to have notifications (from pages like gmail, facebook etc) popups in my KDE.
Now I switched to firefox, but I don't get any. Is there a way how to make firefox send a notifications to KDE?

I have the notifications set in the settings (for example for facebook I have the notification turned on and in the "browser" section of that settings I have firefox and the toggle button in on) and I also allowed the pages to send notifications (clicking on the locker icon i can see gmail/facebook are allowed to send notifications). I tried to install the "Plasma Integration" Add-on but it didn't change anything. I don't have the "Do not disturb mode"

I'm using
Kubuntu 20.04 (64bit),
Firefox 80.0.1 (64 bit),
Plasma 5.18.5
Kde frameworks 5.68.0
Qt 5.12.8

Thanks for any help
somebody
Registered Member

Re: no notifications from firefox

Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:16 pm
So KDE really doesn't support notifications? Or is it just it, for some reason, can not display notifications from firefox?
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: no notifications from firefox

Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:25 pm
Of course Plasma supports Notifications :-)
What did you set in System Settings -> Personalisation -> Notifications -> Application Settings ?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...