This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Some "providers" wallpapers are not loading

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
xraphael
Registered Member
If I right-click on the desktop > configure desktop > wallpaper and select these provider picture of the day wallpapers, they don't load:

Earth Science Picture Of The Day
    NOAA Environmental Visualization Laboratory Picture Of The Day

Is there some way I can get these to load? All the others load fine.

Also, where can I find more of these picture of the day wallpapers?

Thank you.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Which distribution, which exact Plasma version?

FWIW: Both sources load fine in my setup

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
xraphael
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:Which distribution, which exact Plasma version?

FWIW: Both sources load fine in my setup

Debian GNU/Linux 10.6
KDE Plasma Version: 5.14.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.54.0
Qt Version: 5.11.3
Kernel Version: 4.19.0-10-amd64
OS Type: 64 -bit
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Hm, your Plasma is not a very recent one, maybe that's why.

Anyway, consider this solved, as it does display without problems in both Plasma 5.18.x and 5.19.x series

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
xraphael
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:Hm, your Plasma is not a very recent one, maybe that's why.

Anyway, consider this solved, as it does display without problems in both Plasma 5.18.x and 5.19.x series

Do you have instructions for how to update KDE on Debian?
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Sorry, not my distribution, that is something to ask them. But I am sure they provide a newer one in testing. From my experience, using Debian stable, testing and unstable in the past, testing is a very safe choice. Debian stable is something I would use for a server, not for an end user PC, unless you can life with old and rather outdated versions of desktop software.