This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Add startup apps for specific desktop environment.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
respectablenoob
Registered Member
Hi there! I know how to add startup apps and control background services. But is there a way to add startup apps only for KDE? Because when I install openbox or icewm, there are still KDE services running in the background and startup apps are started which make the window manager not as lightweight as I would've hoped. Is there a way to configure this? If anyone knows the answer, posting it would be appreciated!
Mamarok
Manager
OS
have a look at System Settings -> Workspace -> Startup and Shutdown

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
respectablenoob
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:have a look at System Settings -> Workspace -> Startup and Shutdown

I have kde plasma 5.19. What do I do from startup and shutdown?
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Look in there, especially the Autostart and Background Services section, if you have anything in there that is started automatically.

If you use a different Desktop manager without starting any KDE services, there shouldn't be anything running.

Else you really need to be more specific what exact KDE services run in other desktop environments without you specifically starting them...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...