This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Sytem wide default value for appletsrc ?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
marius851000
Registered Member
Hello. I want to define some default value for applesrc. I've found this page https://userbase.kde.org/KDE_System_Adm ... _Hierarchy , but I can't find how to add deafault for the file ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc .

What I would like is setting the default animated wallpaper of the animated image wallpaper plugin without having to patch its code.

I've tried: setting KDEDIRS to
Code: Select all
/nix/store/h93qkdxd91a18j34860syksvmpr8wq0h-wallpaper-configuration/share/plasma:/nix/store/h93qkdxd91a18j34860syksvmpr8wq0h-wallpaper-configuration/share/plasma/config
system wide, where
find /nix/store/h93qkdxd91a18j34860syksvmpr8wq0h-wallpaper-configuration/share/plasma/
->
/nix/store/h93qkdxd91a18j34860syksvmpr8wq0h-wallpaper-configuration/share/plasma/
/nix/store/h93qkdxd91a18j34860syksvmpr8wq0h-wallpaper-configuration/share/plasma/config
/nix/store/h93qkdxd91a18j34860syksvmpr8wq0h-wallpaper-configuration/share/plasma/config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc

and
cat /nix/store/h93qkdxd91a18j34860syksvmpr8wq0h-wallpaper-configuration/share/plasma/config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc
->
               [Containments][1][Wallpaper][com.darkeye.animatedImage][General]
                FillMode=2
                Image=file:///nix/store/9piy3zad1jmbncrn9iqs6s9myv9v2cb7-animated-background-24fps-1366x768.webp
        ⏎

I also tried to put those setting into the share/plasma/config folder, without sucess too. Can you help me.

I repeat my question is: how to add system wide default value that can be overwritten by the user into the ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc