This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

format and locale non applied

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ab
Registered Member

format and locale non applied

Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:22 am
I want all my formats to be in Zulu (zu_ZU) but I want the system language (terminal, UI, whatever...) to be in English (en_US)

So in the parameters I setted like that:
"Configure Plasma translations" 1. American English (Default) 2. Zulu
"Formats" Region: Zulu - Zulu (zu_ZU)

I guess that the way it's meant to be like I want. But the UI is in English but terminal is in Zulu (sudo prompt, package manager, anything supporting Zulu). And that's not what I want, I only want the formats to be in Zulu, not the language itself. Before I setted those options in KDE all my OS was in English, so it's those parameters who setted the language in Zulu

`locale` return full Zulu locale, everywhere

I don't know how to set things like I wanted considering that KDE options are broken
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: format and locale non applied

Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:23 pm
No need to change the language, just adapt the format.

But Zulu is not a separate region in the format settings AFAIK, you might want to change the Format region to South Africa.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
ab
Registered Member

Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:56 pm
Mamarok wrote:No need to change the language, just adapt the format.

But Zulu is not a separate region in the format settings AFAIK, you might want to change the Format region to South Africa.

I repeat myself, I didn't changed the language, only the locale, and now the terminal is in Zulu, I want it in English
I repeated myself a lot of times in the first post to be sure that people won't tell me to do things already done
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:39 pm
ab wrote:I want all my formats to be in Zulu (zu_ZU) but I want the system language (terminal, UI, whatever...) to be in English (en_US)

So in the parameters I setted like that:
"Configure Plasma translations" 1. American English (Default) 2. Zulu
"Formats" Region: Zulu - Zulu (zu_ZU)

You said yourself earlier that you have installed the language, didn't you?

If you want everything displayed in English but the region to have as Zulu that will not work, as there is not region called Zulu, and you would need a locale to be en-ZU for this to work. Does that kind of locale parameter actually exist?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
ab
Registered Member

Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:40 pm
For more informations

upstream: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=430748
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:45 pm
well, I can't reproduce this on my system at all, unfortunately you didn't specify anything in that bug report, it is likely to be ignored if there is not even a version or distribution.

FWIW: in relation to this forum this bug is not "upstream"; this IS the KDE forum.