This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Lock screen password issue after upgrade.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jmenax
Registered Member
Hi there,

After upgrading Kubuntu to 20.04, everything was ok except for some issues with remmina (had to reinstall to solve it) and nothing else.

But...I noticed a weird effect when I lock the screen. The password characters (dots) are not aligned horizontally and now when I type they are slightly above the text box. It works, but is aesthetically unpleasant.

Does anybody know how to solve it?

Regards.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Any particular reason you didn't upgrade to 20.10?

Which theme do you use? I can't reproduce this here on Kubuntu 20.10

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
jmenax
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:Any particular reason you didn't upgrade to 20.10?

Which theme do you use? I can't reproduce this here on Kubuntu 20.10

No particular reason, in fact I will upgrade to 20.10 and see what happens.

And you are absolutely right, I should have given more info:
Theme: McSur Dark
Kde Plasma version: 5.18.5
Kde Framework: 5.68.0
Qt version: 5.12.8
Kernel: 5.4.0-58
Graphics: Intel 520

This is how it looks right now:
https://imgur.com/a/3qfgCNw

Regards,
Mamarok
Manager
OS
That looks like either an issue with the theme or your font settings being too large. What size did you set your fonts to?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
jmenax
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:That looks like either an issue with the theme or your font settings being too large. What size did you set your fonts to?

Mamarok, now I have upgraded to 20.10. Same results.

I changed the theme, same result.

Font is Overpass at 9.5. This "misaligned" text only happens with the dots characters (hidden password). If I reveal the password, font size and position inside the textbox is normal.

Regards,
Mamarok
Manager
OS
your font is rather uncommon, and not the default, tried using the default Noto?