This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dual Monitor Configuration

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Cat22
Registered Member

Dual Monitor Configuration

Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:33 pm
KDE 5.76.0 Plasma 5.20.3
Qt: 5.15.2
NVidia Driver Version: 450.51.06
Linux openSuse Tumbleweed
i have 2 monitors (same brand and model - 27" 1920x1080)

Hi,
Where are the files that define the layout of the task bar for each screen?
I have an issue where on my left screen i can't add any virtual desktops but i have 4 in 2 rows on the right screen
I want to review the configuration files and see what i can learn there.
I am always having trouble with my monitors waking up from sleep (not system sleep - i don't use that at all)
where things are totally fubarred. Other times the wallpaper on my left screen is blank but i can fix that by a
right click and selecting "Next Wallpaper Image"
Sometimes using Alt-F1 and then after a few seconds Alt-F7 is enough to fix things but not always
In general, it seems dual monitors just doesn't work well at all.
Same was true in Leap 15.2 and Leap 15.1 and I'd like to fix it, even if i have to just restore good kde config files after boot
At the moment i can't even add a virtual desktop to the left screen, even after a reboot. Trying to add it always refers to the
right hand screen in "System Settings -> Workspace Behavior -> Virtual Desktops" no matter if i start system settings from
either kde task bar. (The left screen has a task bar and the right screen does also)
Thanks.